Design the career and life that’s right for you
Does it feel like you’re at a career crossroads?
Are you ready to create the vision for what’s next in your work and life?
Are you craving a change, and unclear how to start or where you want to go?
Our individual Career and Leadership coaching program will help you gain clarity on what you want in your next chapter and take action to make it happen.
Why this program, now?
In the mid-career years, it’s very common to hit a point where you start to wonder what’s next.
When you stop to think, you realize you’re about halfway through your career and that your life has changed in major ways since you started out.
You may have achieved many of the goals you set as a young adult, which can leave you feeling lost or uncertain about what to focus on next – like you’re searching for that spark or sense of ambition that once motivated you.
You also have different priorities or responsibilities outside of work now: perhaps a partner, kids, a home, or aging parents. Your life looks much different than it did when you started your career, and you need to rethink how everything fits together.
At this stage of your life and career, it’s common to feel like you’ve lost touch with what’s important to you and what you really want, or that you don’t have a clear vision for where you’re headed professionally.
If any of this resonates, you’re in the right place.
What would be possible if you could:
- Create the time and space to finally focus on who you are and what you want now at this stage of your career, and your life?
- Get clear on the unique skills and experience you’ve developed so far in your career, and the impact you want to make next?
- Navigate change with more confidence and clarity, and quiet the critical voices in your head that tell you to stay right where you are?
Through our coaching program you’ll reconnect with who you are and what you want to create a new vision for the next chapter of your life and career.
My coach was incredibly knowledgeable, compassionate, and focused. Through our sessions she helped me integrate different elements of my life. Having served in leadership roles for years and coached my own teams, it was refreshing to have someone support my own growth and development.”
– Emily D.
Who we are
Our coaches bring significant experience as both talent professionals and career coaches in the social sector.
Over the last 10 years we’ve supported thousands of social impact professionals in getting greater clarity about what matters most to them and what they’re best at, so they can take greater ownership over their careers and chart a path that fits their unique strengths and priorities.
We’re also working parents who are navigating “all the things” in work and life; we know that you are more than your career, and we want to help you think holistically and design a career and life that will be most fulfilling for you.
Who is this for?
This program is for mid-career leaders who want to take an intentional approach to designing their next chapter.
This program could be a great fit if you are:
- Exploring what’s next in your career, either in the short or longer term
- Feeling stuck or unsatisfied in your work, and unclear on what you want to do next
- Considering a shift in your career like taking a career break, making the move to consulting or business ownership, or returning to work after time away
- Moving into a new role that will require you to grow or adapt your leadership skills
- Experiencing a major life transition, and considering how your career fits into that
- Seeking to better integrate or balance your work and life priorities
Additionally, you could be a great fit to work with us if you:
- Want to make a positive social impact in your work in the private, public, or nonprofit sector
- Are a mid-career professional, with roughly 10-30 years of work experience
- Are committed to taking ownership of your career, and to approaching this process with commitment and intention
- Are seeking a supportive partner as you navigate change and achieve your goals
My coach was extremely helpful and patient as I worked through the early stages of a major career change. The guidance she provided was invaluable, and the tools and materials provided were outstanding.”
– Craig M.
What will we do?
During our coaching engagement we’ll work through the three phases below, adjusting them as needed based on your specific situation and goals.
We understand that each client is different and that career transition and growth often don’t follow a linear path, so we’ll work together to align the program to your needs.
1Build Your Foundation
Define your goals and get more clarity on who you are and what you want next
You’ll evaluate what’s working for you and what you want to shift as you create a bigger vision for your life and career and set clear goals around the progress you want to make during our work together. You’ll also identify your core values, strengths, and top priorities, so that you have a clear roadmap and criteria for what you want next.
2Act and Reflect
Take intentional steps to test and learn as you move toward your goals
In this phase you’ll take action to move toward the vision and goals you’ve created. During coaching sessions we’ll explore and discuss your progress, what you’re learning, what’s getting in the way, and what you want to do differently. You’ll commit to taking action after every coaching session, and you’ll learn and grow from every action you take (and even the ones you don’t!).
3Complete and Celebrate
Capture your learning and celebrate your progress
As we approach the end of our work together, you’ll assess and celebrate your progress, recommit to your goals and accountability structures, and solidify the new learning and mindsets you’ve developed, so you can keep them with you as you continue on your career journey.
Working with my coach was all around fabulous. The ability to have dedicated space to explore and focus on the next steps in my career path was invaluable, and my coach really helped me to get a clearer picture of my work strengths and the benefits that my presence can bring to a team.”
– Sheena J.
What can we focus on?
During our intake process we’ll discuss your specific goals, so that we can tailor our coaching program to best meet your needs. Topics we may cover during our coaching sessions include:
Career Transition & Exploration
- Clarifying your values, strengths, and priorities so you know what’s important to you and what you do best
- Developing a vision for your career future, so you have a clearer view of where you want to go
- Creating a plan and process for career exploration, so you can take action to learn more about the paths you’re considering
- Crafting your unique career story so you can confidently share your experience and goals with others
- Creating an authentic networking approach to help you learn about new career interests
- Developing a clear action plan for career transition and updating your professional brand and toolkit
- Preparing for interviews and offer negotiations and making a decision about the role that’s right for you
- Navigating the transition into a new role, including setting clear goals for success and developing key relationships
Personal & Professional Leadership
- Defining your unique leadership style and approach, so you’re clear on the strengths you bring and how you want to show up as a leader
- Building your skills to lead teams with confidence and authenticity, as you step into a new or bigger management role
- Navigating workplace dynamics, including key relationships and new questions and challenges as they arise
- Creating a plan for your own professional growth and learning, so you can continue building your skills with your bigger career goals in mind
- Balancing your personal and professional priorities, so you can be your best self at work and at home
It was great to work with Careers for Social Impact! It provided me with a holistic approach that ensured I was thinking about my next position (and beyond) from all angles.”
– Matthew G.
What will I gain?
Through this program you’ll cultivate a clearer sense of who you are today, what you want most out of work and life, and how to get there.
If you fully commit to this work, you’ll leave with:
- A clear vision of who you are and what’s most important to you today, and what you want in the future
- An understanding of your core values, strengths, and priorities, and how they can guide you in making important decisions about your work and life
- A set of goals and action steps to help you intentionally write the next chapter of your life and career
- A new understanding of the mindsets, patterns, and beliefs that can hold you back from achieving your goals, and the ability to shift and reframe them
- Twelve 1:1 coaching sessions to discuss your goals, identify specific and actionable next steps, and work through questions or challenges. The first session is a 75-minute discovery session and additional sessions are 50 minutes. Sessions are generally every two weeks via video call.
- Our curated career and leadership exercises, which will give you structure and help you continue to make progress in between our sessions, as well as access to all the materials in our comprehensive Job Search Course.
- Email access in between sessions; if a question pops up between sessions or you want to check in, you can always email your coach for a real-time response.
- Inclusion in our growing national community of social impact professionals. Through our alumni community you can connect with hundreds of other like-minded professionals and get access to job listings and events we share only with clients.
What is the cost?
This program offers our most comprehensive level of coaching support. The full investment is $4800, divided into six monthly payments of $800.
We encourage you to explore using professional development funds offered by your employer to cover the cost of this program, and we are happy to assist with this process.
If what we’ve shared here resonates with you, please request a complimentary consultation call so we can explore the possibility of working together in more detail.
We look forward to talking with you!