Here are some of our favorite resources to support your job search. In addition to reviewing the resources here, we encourage you to subscribe to our email list to receive our monthly newsletter with curated articles, advice, and job leads, and to follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn, where we post frequent job search content and events.
Learn about our approach
- Read our blog posts for job search tips and to learn more about our philosophy and approach
- Check out articles featuring our advice from the Seattle Times, Monster and TownSquared
- View recorded webinars on “How to Land a Job You Love” and “Telling Your Career Story”
- Listen to the podcast “Job Search Stalled? Get Unstuck with Erin Ewart” from The Career Cue
- Attend our quarterly Social Impact Networking Happy Hour to meet us and network with other like-minded professionals
- Check out our upcoming events and follow us on Facebook for details on upcoming workshops and speaking engagements
Recommended job search resources
- Assessments: we recommend and use Gallup’s StrengthsFinder Top 5 assessment. It is low cost (just $20), easy to take online and will give you specific, actionable feedback on your strengths that can be very helpful in your job search.
- Websites: we recommend subscribing to or following a variety of career-related websites. Some of our favorites include The Muse, Idealist Careers, and Forbes Careers. Another great website for your job search is Jobscan, which helps you optimize your resume and cover letter for specific jobs.
- Books: check out My 5 Favorite Job Search Books for some of our favorite career related reading.
Networking and events
- General: Eventbrite, Meetup, and Facebook are all good resources to find events and networking groups aligned to your areas of interest.
- Social Impact focused: Net Impact and the Impact Hub are two organizations with chapters or locations in cities across the country and the world, and are great networks to meet like-minded professionals.