See below for some additional information about our coaching approach and what it’s like to work with us. Ready to learn more? Please fill out this form to request an initial consultation. We’re excited to learn more about you!
What makes you unique?
As former social sector talent professionals and recruiters, we bring a unique perspective and the sum of our personal and professional experiences to our work.
- Depth of experience: We have worked with thousands of professionals navigating career transition, and we understand the common questions, uncertainties and challenges that arise during this process. We are also working parents who are navigating “all the things” in work and life; we know that you are more than your career, and we want to help you think about how to create a career and life that will be most fulfilling for you.
- Social impact commitment: We have built our own careers in the social sector and work exclusively with clients committed to doing impactful work. We know what it’s like to balance your desire to do good work with your personal priorities, and we love helping clients understand the fit that’s right for them.
- Coaching + tools: We combine powerful coaching to draw out your inner wisdom with our proprietary career tools and exercises to help you structure your thinking and generate new ideas and insights.
What don’t you do?
While we pride ourselves in our flexibility to tailor our work to your needs, there are a few things we won’t do, including:
- Do the work for you: we’ll provide lots of feedback, suggest specific language and written edits to documents, and share best practices, but we won’t go away and write your resume for you and hand it back to you as a finished product. Instead, we will work together through a collaborative process to co-create a fantastic resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile and ensure you learn the skills and best practices so that you can continue to update your materials in the future.
- Tell you what to be when you grow up: we will ask you targeted questions to help you determine what the best path or decision is, but ultimately this process is about YOU owning your search and your career. That means there will be some hard work involved, but we will be here to help and support you along the way!
Who do you typically work with?
We have worked with clients from a wide variety of career stages and industries, and our specialty is working with mid-career social impact leaders. We define mid-career as approximately 10-30 years of work experience and social impact as an interest in doing purposeful work in the private, public, or non-profit sectors.
Where will we meet?
We meet virtually using the Zoom video meeting platform.
What are your hours?
Each of our coaches sets their own schedule, and we generally keep standard business hours (9-5 Eastern time, Monday-Friday).
How long would we work together?
Our individual coaching program is for six months. After completing the program, we have options for continued coaching on an ongoing basis, and as a past client of ours you are always welcome to return for coaching.
How much do you charge?
In alignmend with our value of transparency, we always publish our current rates on our website. We understand that cost is a major consideration, which is why we offer a monthly payment option for our individual coaching program as well as a group coaching program which allows you to share the cost of coaching with others and a course at a lower price point. We also periodically offer workshops; please check our events page for upcoming dates.
Why should I work with a coach?
Working with a coach is a big decision, and an investment of your time and money. So what should you expect in return? The biggest benefits of working with a coach include:
- Motivation and accountability: Your coach should encourage you, help you set ambitious yet achievable goals, and hold you accountable by asking about your progress. Ultimately, this should help you achieve your goals more quickly and effectively than you would on your own.
- Encouragement and support: Change is hard! Your coach is a partner who can offer encouragement, help your reframe and learn from challenges, and ensure that you celebrate your successes along the way. This kind of support will help you keep moving toward your goals and renew your energy and momentum as you make changes in your work and life.
- Objectivity and perspective: Friends and family members can be great supports, however they have preconceived ideas about your strengths, weaknesses, and career path that may not match who you really are or what you want. A coach can serve as an objective, trusted third party who can help you see things differently and share a perspective that you would never get from those who already know you well.
We believe that mutual fit and trust are extremely important when working with a coach, and we encourage you to work with someone whose style and approach you feel comfortable with, whether that is us or someone else! We are always happy to provide referrals to other coaches we think highly of, if you are looking for a different approach.
How do I get started?
If you are interested in individual coaching, the first step is to set up an initial consultation call so we can learn more about your needs and determine if we would be a good fit to work together. Please fill out this form to share more about your background and goals and we will follow up about scheduling a time to talk.
If you are interested in group coaching, please see our group coaching page for information on upcoming program dates.