Our mission is to help you find work that matters.
After working in jobs that weren’t the right fit early on, we’ve been driven to find work that’s a match for our unique strengths and values. Now that we’ve found our path, we’re focused on helping you find yours.
Why work with us
Maybe you’re currently job searching and things haven’t been going as well as you’d like. Or you’re about to begin the process, and you don’t know where to start.
You want to find your path and help make the world a better place, without going broke or sacrificing everything to your job. But you’re starting to wonder if that’s even possible. And if it is possible, you need to know how to find those magical jobs and convince recruiters and hiring managers that you’re the one they should hire.
We can help.
We help mission-driven professionals like you get more focus, structure, clarity, and confidence in their job search. Drawing on 15+ years of experience in recruiting, we’ll give you concrete tools and specific feedback to create a job search strategy that works and we’ll provide the accountability and support you need to stay on track and land a job you love.
What we’ll do
We have significant experience as recruiters, helping organizations find and hire the right people. We have reviewed countless resumes and cover letters and created interview processes from scratch. We understand what recruiters and hiring managers are looking for, and we want to use this knowledge to help you land the job you want.
We offer coaching on all aspects of the job search process, including:
- Developing a job search strategy to make sure you’re using your time as effectively and efficiently as possible
- Crafting your unique career story so you can confidently share your skills with potential employers
- Creating a networking strategy to help you tap into the “hidden job market” where the best opportunities often are
- Updating and tailoring your marketing materials – resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile – to make sure they clearly convey your value
- Preparing and practicing for interviews so you can make the best impression
- Helping you negotiate your offer and decide on the job that’s right for you
Who we work with
Working with us is probably a good fit for you if:
- You want to make a positive social impact in your work, whether in the private, public, or nonprofit sectors
- You are a mid-career professional, with approximately 10-25 years of work experience
- You’re feeling stuck in your current job search or planning to launch a new search
- You’re feeling scattered or unfocused and need some structure and a plan
- You want to differentiate yourself in a competitive job market, tell a compelling career story, and translate your experience so that it makes sense in a new role, sector, or industry
Making a career change can be a challenging and confusing time. I often went into our meetings unsure and filled with questions, but my coach always listened intently and provided sound advice on active steps to take to move forward. After following her recommendations on a search process, I landed a great job. After my loved ones, my coach was the first person I contacted to share the good news!”
– Eli R., Business Owner to Private Sector Startup
Ready to get started?
There’s no need to struggle alone. Let’s work together to get you the tools, confidence, and momentum you need in your job search.
The first step is to apply for a free 30 minute consultation call so we can see if we’d be a good fit to work together.
Individual coaching process
Our coaching process is designed to help you prepare for and execute a successful career transition. We work with clients through the three phases below, starting with foundational work to clearly define your strengths and direction before updating your resume and other job search materials and preparing for interviews.
We tailor this process for each client, and before we dive in to our work we’ll talk about your specific situation to determine what to focus on. We understand that each client is different and that the job search doesn’t always follow a linear path. If you have an interview coming up or need to send out a resume right away, we’ll adjust this process to meet your needs.
1Build Your Foundation
We’ll work to get clarity on what you’re best at and what you want next
We’ll identify your core values, strengths, and top priorities, so that you have a clear roadmap and criteria for what you want next in your career. This is an important first step to finding work that’s right for you!
2Define Your Direction
We’ll create your search strategy and unique career story
We’ll create a tailored job search strategy to ensure you use your time efficiently to get results. We’ll also develop your unique career story, highlighting the experiences and accomplishments that are most relevant for your next step.
3Find Your Fit
We’ll tailor your materials, prep for interviews, and evaluate opportunities
We’ll update your resume, cover letter and LinkedIn profile to tell a clear and compelling story that will get the attention of recruiters and hiring managers. We’ll also prep and practice for interviews and help you assess job opportunities and negotiate for what’s most important to you.
Meeting with my coach one-on-one was the best investment that I made in myself this year. I was lost, had low confidence and was unprepared for moving from a non-profit background to working for a large business. My coach helped me refine my job search, completely change my marketing materials (resume, cover letter, LinkedIn) and improve my interviewing skills. She also helped me shift my job search process from cold-applying to jobs online to focusing more on relationship building with target companies. Her experience as a recruiter and coach really shows.”
– Jane L., Nonprofit to Private Sector
Individual coaching program details
Our comprehensive three month individual coaching program will support you through all the aspects of a successful career transition. This program includes:
- Six one-on-one coaching sessions to discuss your career goals, identify specific and actionable next steps for you to take in your job search, and troubleshoot any questions or challenges you’re having. Sessions are 75 minutes long and are held every two weeks via video call.
- Exercises, worksheets, and other activities (aka homework!) that we’ll ask you to work on in between sessions, which will give you structure and ensure that we can spend our session time digging in on the most important topics. Even after we’re finished working together, you’ll have lifetime access to our full online course with over 40 proprietary videos, exercises, and templates.
- Feedback and edits to your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn summary; in addition to giving you feedback during our meetings and guides and templates for you to reference, we will provide up to two rounds of written edits and comments on your materials to ensure they follow current best practices and tell your professional story clearly and concisely.
- Email support in between sessions; if a quick question pops up or you need our feedback on something time sensitive, we’re just an email away. We’ll always have your back!
- Inclusion in our growing national community of social impact professionals. You can join our online community to connect with other like-minded professionals and get access to job listings and events we share only with clients.
For this comprehensive three month program including six 75-minute coaching meetings, lifetime access to our full set of coaching templates and resources, our edits to your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn summary, and three months of email support, your investment is $2950, or three monthly payments of $997.
Ready to get started?
The first step is to apply for a free 30 minute consultation call so we can explore if we’d be a good fit to work together.
I can’t recommend Careers for Social Impact highly enough! I struggled with the job search for several months before meeting my coach. She helped me focus my job search strategy and update my marketing materials so I could network with confidence. My coach listened carefully to all my questions and concerns and provided thorough written feedback on all my materials. I wish I had hired her months ago!”
– Shawn L., Sustainability
Individual coaching FAQs
Here are some answers to common questions about our individual coaching program; please also see our Coaching FAQ page for more information about our coaching approach and philosophy and our Client Testimonials for feedback from past clients.
What if I need more sessions?
Sometimes clients find it helpful to keep touching base after we finish the structured program, and we are always happy to do that. If you’d like additional sessions or support after we finish your program, we can absolutely continue working together. Examples of what we might cover include accountability check-ins to ensure you’re on track with your strategy, review of your job application materials, prepping for an upcoming interview, or discussing offer negotiation strategy.
What if I get a job before we’re finished?
If you land a job before we’re finished working together, that’s great! If we’re less than 50% of the way through our program and you choose not to continue, we will be happy to refund you the remaining balance. If we’re more than halfway through, we can use the remaining time to ensure you are set up for success in your new role and that you have all the tools and preparation you’ll need for future job searches.