Our mission is to help you find work that matters.
After working in jobs that weren’t the right fit early on, we’ve been driven to find work that’s a match for our unique strengths and values. Now that we’ve found our path, we’re focused on helping you find yours.
Why work with us
Maybe you’re feeling like something’s not quite right at work, but you’re not sure what it is or what needs to change. Or you’re ready to take the next step in your impact career, but the whole process of looking for a new job feels overwhelming and you don’t even know where to start.
You want to find your path and help make the world a better place, without burning out or sacrificing everything to your job. But you’re starting to wonder if that’s even possible and what role you can play to make the biggest impact.
We can help.
We help mission-driven professionals like you get more clarity on what they want at work. We’ll help you envision and craft a career path that will maximize your impact while respecting your priorities. And if you’re ready to make a career move now, we’ll share concrete tools and targeted feedback to help you create a job search strategy that gets results.
No matter where you are in the process of defining your impact career path, we’ll provide the accountability and support you need to stay true to what you want and build a career you love.
I am so grateful for my work with my coach. Not only did she provide amazing encouragement and support, she could always get to the heart of what I was feeling or trying to say. She was the perfect person to give me a confidence boost, constructive feedback, and clarity on what I need in this next phase of my career. Thank you for all of your guidance!
– Melissa F.
Who we are
Our coaches bring significant experience as both talent professionals and career coaches.
As HR and talent leaders, we’ve helped organizations find, hire, and develop the right people – reviewing countless resumes and cover letters and creating interview processes from scratch. We understand what recruiters and hiring managers are looking for, and we want to support you in putting your best foot forward to find and land the role that’s right for you.
As career coaches, we’ve supported thousands of professionals in getting greater clarity about what matters most to them and what they’re best at, so they can take greater ownership over their careers and chart a path that fits their unique strengths and priorities.
I highly recommend Careers for Social Impact. I found 1:1 coaching to be really valuable as I was evolving my more traditional marketing career to one that sits at the intersection of sustainability and brand strategy. With my coach’s help, I was able to craft a more unique career story and tailor my marketing materials to more clearly articulate my value.
– Laurie P.
What we’ll do
During our intake process we’ll discuss your specific goals, so that we can tailor our coaching program to best meet your needs. Topics we may cover during our coaching sessions include:
- Clarifying your values, strengths, and priorities so you have a clear view of what’s important to you and what you do best
- Creating a plan and process for career exploration, so you can learn more about the paths you’re considering
- Crafting your unique career story so you can confidently share your skills with others
- Developing a job search strategy to make sure you’re using your time as effectively and efficiently as possible
- Creating an authentic networking approach to help you learn about new career interests and tap into the “hidden job market”
- Updating and tailoring your job search marketing materials – resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile – to make sure they clearly convey your value
- Preparing and practicing for interviews so you can make the best impression
- Helping you negotiate your offer and decide on the job that’s right for you
Who we work with
Working with us is probably a good fit for you if:
- You want to make a positive social impact in your work, whether in the private, public, or nonprofit sectors
- You are a mid-career professional, which we define as roughly having between 10-30 years of work experience
- You’re eager to take greater ownership of your career path, and to finally feel like you have a direction and plan that works for you
- You feel like you’ve reached a plateau in your career, or you feel stuck about where you want to go next
- You’re feeling scattered or unfocused in thinking about your career next steps, and you want structure and an unbiased partner who can help you sort through it all
- You want to differentiate yourself in a competitive job market, tell a compelling career story, and translate your experience so that it makes sense in a new role, sector, or industry
My coach was extremely helpful and patient as I worked through the early stages of a major career change. The guidance she provided was invaluable, and the tools and materials provided were outstanding.”
– Craig M.
Ready to get started?
There’s no need to struggle alone. Let’s work together to get you the tools, confidence, and momentum you need to take ownership of your career.
The first step is to apply for an initial consultation call to discuss our program and your goals in more detail and help us both assess if we’d be a good fit to work together.
Individual coaching process
Our coaching process is designed to help you prepare for and execute a successful career transition. We work through the three phases below, adjusting them as needed based on where you are and your specific needs. We understand that each client is different and that career transition doesn’t usually follow a linear path, so we’ll work together to align the program to your needs.
1Build Your Foundation
We’ll work to get clarity on what you’re best at and what you want next
We’ll identify your core values, strengths, and top priorities, so that you have a clear roadmap and criteria for what you want next in your career. This is a critical first step to finding work that’s right for you!
2Define Your Direction
We’ll create your strategy and unique career story
We’ll help you create a tailored career or job search strategy, to ensure you use your time efficiently to get results. We’ll also develop your unique career story, highlighting the experiences and accomplishments that are most relevant for your next step.
3Find Your Fit
We’ll assess your options, tailor your materials, and prep for interviews
Based on the work we’ve done so far, we’ll assess the options and next steps that are right for you. We’ll update your resume, cover letter and LinkedIn profile to tell a clear and compelling story about what you’ve accomplished and where you want to go next. We can also prepare and practice for interviews and help you assess new job opportunities and negotiate for what’s most important to you.
It was great to work with Careers for Social Impact! It completely changed the way I structured my job search and provided me with a holistic approach that ensured I was thinking about my next position (and beyond) from all angles.”
– Matthew G.
Individual coaching program details
Our comprehensive three month individual coaching program will support you through all the aspects of a successful career transition. This program includes:
- Six one-on-one coaching sessions to discuss your career goals, identify specific and actionable next steps for you to take in your job search, and troubleshoot any questions or challenges you’re having. Sessions are one hour and are held every two weeks via video call.
- Exercises, worksheets, and other activities (aka homework!) that we’ll ask you to work on in between sessions, which will give you structure and ensure that we can spend our session time digging in on the most important topics. Even after we’re finished working together, you’ll have lifetime access to our full online course with over 40 proprietary videos, exercises, and templates.
- Feedback and edits to your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn summary; in addition to giving you feedback during our meetings and guides and templates for you to reference, we will be happy to review your materials to ensure they follow current best practices and tell your professional story clearly and concisely.
- Email support in between sessions; if a quick question pops up or you need our feedback on something time sensitive, we’re just an email away. We’ll always have your back!
- Inclusion in our growing national community of social impact professionals. You can join our online community to connect with other like-minded professionals and get access to job listings and events we share only with clients.
This program provides our most comprehensive and hands-on level of support. Over three months, you’ll have six one hour coaching meetings and you’ll receive lifetime access to our robust online course with 40+ videos, templates and guides, your coach’s feedback on your materials, and email support for any questions that come up between sessions.
The program cost is $3600, which you can choose to pay up front or in three monthly payments of $1200.
Working with my coach was all around fabulous. The ability to have dedicated space to explore and focus on the next steps in my career path was invaluable, and my coach really helped me to get a clearer picture of my work strengths and the benefits that my presence can bring to a team. I truly appreciate all the excellent feedback she provided during my sessions and I hope to be able to work with her again in the future.”
– Sheena J.
Ready to get started?
The first step is to apply for an initial consultation call so we can explore if we’d be a good fit to work together.
Individual coaching FAQs
Here are some answers to common questions about our individual coaching program; please also see our Coaching FAQ page for more information about our coaching approach and philosophy and our Client Testimonials for feedback from past clients.
What if I need more sessions?
Sometimes clients find it helpful to keep touching base after we finish the structured program, and we are always happy to do that. If you’d like additional sessions or support after we finish your program, we can absolutely continue working together. Examples of what we might cover include accountability check-ins to ensure you’re on track, evaluating new opportunities or career decision points, prepping for an upcoming interview, or discussing an offer negotiation.
What if I land a job before we’re finished?
If you land a job before we’re finished working together, that’s great! If we’re less than 50% of the way through our program and you choose not to continue, we will be happy to refund you the remaining balance. If we’re more than halfway through, we can use the remaining time to ensure you are set up for success in your new role and that you have all the tools and preparation you’ll need for future job searches.