Make big progress on your career goals this summer – in just a few hours a week
As we begin to emerge from the collective challenges of this past year, it’s a natural time to be thinking about what’s next in our lives, and in our careers.
Vaccines are rolling out, hiring is picking up, and your skills are needed more than ever to tackle the many social problems that this past year has so vividly highlighted.
Whether you’re actively searching for a new role or just starting to think about the impact you want to make next, it’s important to take a strategic and intentional approach to your career transition. Our specialty is helping you do just that!
If you’re ready to take action toward what’s next in your career, we’d love to support you through our Summer Career Refresh program.
Early pricing is available through 6/25: use code SCREP at checkout.
What it is
This is a six-week group program focused on accountability and practice, because we know that these are ultimately the most important elements to your success.
During the program you’ll get constructive, real-time feedback from our coaches and a cohort of fellow social impact professionals, to help you make tangible progress and stay accountable to your goals.
You’ll also get access to our full set of proprietary job search tools and exercises via our online course, as well as a private discussion space to ask your questions and connect with your coaches and other group members outside of our weekly calls.
Through this combination of group coaching, career content, and community, we’ll help you develop a structured and intentional approach to your career transition.
This is a shorter and lighter touch version of our signature Job Search Bootcamp program that we are offering for those who are ready to jump in and get started now, who want structure, tools and support to navigate their career next steps, or who may have limited time or availability to participate in a more intensive program.
As a participant in this program, you’ll receive:
- Supportive coaching and feedback from our team of expert career coaches; we are social sector recruiters and HR leaders ready to share our insider knowledge with you and help you succeed
- Six group coaching calls to hone in on key concepts you need to know, practice and get feedback in small groups, and ask your questions
- Three months of access to our extensive library of content and videos via our Job Search Bootcamp online course; we’ll be supplementing our meetings with the robust content in the course, including 40+ tools, templates, and videos
- A private Slack discussion space, where you’ll connect with other participants and your coaches, share ideas and resources, and get answers to your questions outside of meetings
- Targeted homework each week to ensure you’re making progress and getting the work done.
- Option to add 1:1 coaching sessions with our team at a discounted rate
Why it works
Our programs are designed to help you get momentum and make progress toward what’s next in your career.
We’ll help you get more clarity and confidence and check off those tasks you’ve been putting off, whether it’s mapping out your plan, dusting off the LinkedIn profile you haven’t updated in years, or finally setting up those networking meetings you’ve been thinking about.
During our meetings, we’ll hone in on topics where we know people tend to need the most support and practice: creating a targeted search strategy, telling a clear and compelling story in networking conversations and interviews, and refining materials.
This program will give you the structure, tools and motivation you need to take action on your career goals. And the feedback, support and encouragement you’ll get from your coaches and cohort members will help you navigate the inevitable highs and lows of the career transition process.
Here are just a few examples of what clients have shared after finishing our Career Refresh program:
After struggling for a year to define a career redirection and revise my resume, the Spring Career Refresh swept in with exactly what I needed. In 6 weeks, I clarified my story, built a strong resume and LinkedIn presence, and developed a network of other impact-minded job seekers. This program gave me the toolbox and support system I have been needing to move toward a more fulfilling, joyful, and impactful work future.” – Jacquelyn W.
The Career Refresh Program brought clarity, confidence, and focus to my career search. I quickly learned that my approach to job hunting was not effectively supporting my ultimate career goals. By integrating more active job hunt strategies, rebuilding my tools, and tapping my network, I now feel prepared and motivated to take my next career pivot in social impact.” – Jen S.
This course was a great mix of practical exercises, human connection, and sharing experiences, struggles and victories. I came in feeling pretty paralyzed about job searching and my next steps, as well as doubting my own worth. I learned how to tell my own story, recognized my accomplishments and got practical tips on how to start. I now feel a lot more confident and the community truly changed my mindset – and broke through my dread – of job searching!” – Sara S.
What you’ll leave with
After completing this program, you’ll walk away with:
- Clarity on your biggest career priorities, to ensure you’re focusing on the opportunities that are right for you
- A clear understanding of the key elements of the career transition process and current best practices, along with tools, templates, and recruiter-sourced best practices on topics from telling your story to negotiating your offer
- Honest and constructive feedback to help you develop and feel confident telling your unique career story
- Best practices to develop a compelling toolkit – LinkedIn profile, resume, and cover letter – that will get you noticed and help you stand out
- A new network of social sector peers who will expose you to new opportunities and help you navigate the ups and downs of the job search
- An additional six weeks of access to our full set of 40+ tools, templates and videos via our online course, to help you continue to work on your transition (you can select to continue your access for even longer for a small monthly fee)
Who it’s for
This program is probably a great fit for you if:
- You want to do work that has a positive social impact, in the private, public, or nonprofit sectors
- You’re able to dedicate 2+ hours per week to work on your career transition and complete exercises during the program
- You have some ideas about the type of work you’re interested in pursuing next; it’s ok if you’re not 100% sure about your direction or open to a few different paths
- You’re feeling a little stuck about how to move forward with your career next steps, and you know you need structure and accountability to take action
- You have a growth mindset and you’re open to coaching and new ideas about how to share your story and get results
- You’re excited to work with a group of like-minded peers and to give and receive honest feedback in a group setting
When it happens
Our Summer Career Refresh program will run from July 13th through August 17th, 2021.
We want you to get the most from this experience, so please make sure you’ve reviewed the logistical details and call times below before signing up.
In addition to our weekly meetings, we recommend setting aside one to two hours each week to work through the course materials and homework. All calls will be recorded and course content will be available to you for an additional six weeks after the program ends, so that you can catch up on anything you’d like to revisit.
Summer Career Refresh Schedule:
Weekly group calls: Tuesdays from July 13th-August 17th from 12:00 – 1:00 pm Eastern / 9:00 am – 10:00 am Pacific
All meetings are held virtually via the Zoom video meeting platform and will be recorded.
What it costs
Your investment includes six weeks of group meetings and coaching support, access to our private discussion space, all call recordings, three months of access to our online course, and inclusion in our growing network of social impact professionals.
- Early Pricing (through 6/25): $497 or two payments of $248.50 (use code SCREP at checkout)
- Regular Pricing: $697 or two payments of $348.50
Additional payment details:
- Payment plan option: we are offering a two payment plan option to help make this program more financially accessible. The first payment is due at sign up and the second is due one month later. Please use this link to sign up for the payment plan option and use code SCRPP for the early pricing rate.
- Partial scholarships: in alignment with our organizational value of Equity & Access, we are offering several partial scholarships to participants who identify as BIPOC. To be considered, please fill out this brief form prior to signing up. We will review all scholarship applications together at our early pricing deadline, and we will communicate results after that date.
- Client discount: existing Careers for Social Impact clients, please contact us for special pricing that is available to you for this program.
Ready to go?
Join us to harness the energy of a new season and take charge of your career next steps!
We’d love to answer them! Please contact us.