Find and land a job you’ll love
Have you hit a wall with your social impact job search? Are you ready to start looking for a new job, but not even sure where to start?
You’re not alone.
Let’s face it, job searching can be a frustrating and confusing process, especially when you’re looking for mission-driven work. Do any of these sound familiar?
- You want to be strategic, but you’re not sure how to maximize your time and energy. Every time you sit down to do some work, you feel paralyzed, like you’re not sure where to start or what to do first.
- You want to be more intentional about what you do next. Now that you’re advancing in your career, you want to learn from what has (and hasn’t) worked for you in the past to ensure your next role really fits your priorities.
- You know you need to network more, but you’re not quite sure how to go about it. You get that that applying to jobs online isn’t that effective, but you’re not sure how to find opportunities that you can get excited about (and that can pay the bills!).
- You’re struggling with telling your story, especially when your career path is a little…non-linear. You know you have lots of great skills and value to bring to an organization, but you’re not sure how to communicate them in an effective way.
- It seems like the “best practices” for things like resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn are changing all the time, and it’s virtually impossible to keep up. You know you need to be up on the latest trends, but Googling can only get you so far.
So you’re tired of feeling stuck, and putting in the time and work but not seeing results. You know something needs to change, but what?
Our Job Search course will give you the structure and tools you need to find and land a job you love. And with the option to add 1:1 coaching sessions, you can get targeted feedback and support in the areas you need most.
I signed up for this course because I was striking out in the hyper-competitive space for the jobs I wanted. The course provided several wake up calls for me, including that what I thought was active job searching was actually “passive” job searching. As I changed my practices for engaging recruiters based on the guidance in the course, my results started changing too: I went from no interviews lined up to three in one week. Six weeks after starting the course, I landed an amazing remote data job for a national education non-profit. As a result of this course, I feel like I had a clear map with concise resources and tips to guide me through an unfamiliar and challenging time.”
Are you ready to ramp up your job search or preparing to launch a search in the coming months? Do you want access to all of our proven content, with the option to add coaching sessions for more targeted support?
Our Job Search course is the solution.
Why a course?
We originally ran Job Search Bootcamp as a group program, and we have now distilled all the content we covered in that program into this course to allow social impact job seekers to access our tools and resources whenever they need them.
The course includes all of our proven job search content, including six video modules and 40+ tools, templates, and guides. You can complete it at your own pace and on your own schedule and there’s no time limit, so you’ll have access to materials for as long as you need them (even for your future job searches!).
And if you have questions or need extra support along the way, you can add 1:1 coaching sessions either when you purchase the course or at any point later on to get dedicated time with our coaching team to focus on your biggest questions and accelerate your progress.
The program includes six modules aligned to the key topics that are most important in a successful job search:
1Create Your Strategy
Developing your job search strategy and goals
2Tell Your Story
Identifying your strengths and career story
3Activate Your Network
Networking strategy and tools
4Update Your Toolkit
Resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles
5Nail the Interview
Interview strategy, practice, and feedback
6Negotiate the Offer
Negotiation strategy and best practices
Each module includes:
- Pre-reading and reflection questions, to prepare you for the topic we’ll be covering
- A video overview in each module with our top advice on each of these important job search topics
- Proprietary tools to help you prepare for and execute your search, from exercises that will help you establish your priorities and develop your career story to tactical tools to help you update your resume and LinkedIn profile
- Homework to cement your knowledge, help you gather feedback, and keep you accountable to implementing what you’ve learned
In addition to the comprehensive set of resources available through the course, you’ll also receive:
- Access to our private Careers for Social Impact online client community of hundreds of other social impact professionals; this is a great place to build your network, find accountability partners, and get feedback on your strategy and tools
- The option to add 1:1 coaching sessions with our team of expert career coaches, to get targeted feedback and support in the areas you need most
- Access to job leads, events, and other valuable information we share only with our client network
- Continued access to course materials, even after completing the program; materials are updated several times each year with new details and best practices
Who it’s for
This program may be a great fit for you if:
- You want to do work that has a positive social impact, in the private, public, or nonprofit sectors.
- You’re motivated and committed to working through the course content on your own time. We also encourage you to find an accountability partner to work with as you complete the course – more on that below.
- You’re open to trying new things and connecting with others to get results. Even though this is a self-study program, you’ll have to get out from behind your computer to be successful in your job search!
Registration and payment
Your investment for the course, which includes lifetime access to six comprehensive modules and 40+ tools and templates, along with an invitation to join our private client community and the option to add 1:1 coaching sessions with our team, is $375.
Ready to go? Click below to sign up for the course and add optional 1:1 coaching sessions with our team if you choose.
Once your registration and payment are complete, you’ll receive an email with immediate access to the course.