Be the leader of your impact career
Are you at a crossroads in your career?
The mid-career years can be an exciting time, and they can also raise new questions and uncertainties.
Do any of these sound familiar?
- You feel ready for a change in your career, but you’re not sure what you want next
- You feel like you’ve lost touch with what you’re really good at and what energizes you at work, and you’re ready to find that spark again
- You know a lot has changed in your life, and you want to rethink what work means to you and how it fits with all your other priorities
- You’re satisfied in your current role for now, but you haven’t thought farther ahead and you want more clarity on what your future career path and goals could be
- You feel like your career so far has been driven by chance, and you’re ready to take a more proactive approach instead of waiting for opportunities to come along
If any of these statements resonate, you’re definitely not alone!
Growing your career in the social impact sector can feel confusing. Unlike other sectors that tend to have more linear career paths, there’s not one roadmap for doing mission-driven work.
And of course, it can be hard to prioritize your own career growth at this stage of your life.
You’re constantly responding to the needs of your team, your organization, your family, and the state of the world. How are you supposed to carve out time to focus on your own career development?
That’s why we’ve developed this program to give you the time, space, and support to prioritize your career future.
I was feeling like my career story and momentum had started to fracture, but now I see the chapters within and how things are coming together on a path that makes sense. So much in my life had changed that I knew the way I thought about my career and next steps had fundamentally shifted too – I just didn’t have the time or space to think about it until this program.”
About the program
Take Ownership of Your Career is a small group coaching program that will help you develop a proactive approach to your impact career.
Working alongside a small group of mission-driven leaders, you will chart an intentional path forward in your career that aligns with your biggest priorities.
Whether you’re considering your next career step or thinking about your longer term goals, you’ll build the skills to take greater ownership of your career and find more meaning, satisfaction, and impact in your work.
What you’ll leave with
If you commit to fully participating in our sessions and completing the exercises we share with you, by the end of the program you will have a clearer understanding of:
- Who you are today: you’ll explore what energizes and drives you, the kinds of environments you thrive in, and how your career fits with the many priorities in your life
- What you want next: you’ll create a vision for your career future that you’re excited to pursue, and a clear story that connects the dots between where you’ve been and where you want to go
- How to get there: you’ll map out the next steps to make your career vision real, and plan intentionally toward a future that is right for you
I’m feeling like my feet are back on the ground. I understand better who I am now as a professional and what I want and don’t want in my next chapter. This program gave me the chance to understand where I am now in my life and career, and next steps to keep the work and momentum going.”
How we’ll work together
Through our thoughtful group conversations, two private 1:1 coaching sessions, and a set of curated career reflection and discovery excercises, you’ll develop new insights about yourself and clarify your career goals.
We’ll keep the conversation going between our meetings in our private discussion space, and you’ll gain valuable support and accountability from a group of peers who are thinking through the same questions.
The program includes:
- Five 90-minute group coaching calls to explore key ideas, learn from each other, and set clear goals
- Two 45-minute 1:1 coaching sessions to get targeted support for your specific goals
- Proprietary career exercises and tools that will help you expand your understanding of yourself and what you want from your career
- A private Slack discussion space where we’ll continue the conversation from our group meetings, share updates and questions, and support each others’ progress
- Accountability and support from a community of social impact peers who will give you new insights and cheer you on as you pursue your goals
- Inclusion in our growing network of social impact professionals and exclusive access to news, job postings, and other content we share only with our clients
Who it’s for
This program may be a great fit for you if:
- You’re a mid-career professional, with at least 15 years of work experience
- You’re already working in a mission-driven role or seeking to have a bigger social impact in your work, whether in the private, public, or nonprofit sectors
- You’re committed taking ownership of your career development and you know that no one else has the answers to what’s right for you
- You’re able to attend our group calls and spend 1-2 hours per week completing exercises that will further your learning and supplement our group discussions
- You’re excited to do this work with a community of like-minded peers, to be honest and vulnerable about your wins and challenges, and to give and receive support in a group setting
Who it’s not for
This program may not be the right fit for you if:
- You have less than 15 or more than 30 years of work experience; while we are flexible on exact years of experience, we want to ensure that members of this group are at a similar career stage
- You want targeted support for a job search; this program does not cover the tactics and strategy of searching for a new role – if that’s your focus, please check out our Job Search Bootcamp course
- You’re looking for highly customized and individualized coaching support; if this is the case, please consider our Individual Coaching Programs
- You’re not able to attend the majority of our group coaching calls; we want you to get the most from this experience, so if you will need to miss more than one call we encourage you to join us for a future round
When it happens
Our next cohort will begin in winter 2024. Please join our interest list to learn when registration opens and to be notified about future program dates.
What it costs
Your investment in the program includes all group meetings, two 45-minute 1:1 coaching sessions, access to our proprietary career exercises and private online discussion space, and inclusion in our growing network of social impact professionals.
Early pricing: $1500, or three monthly payments of $500
Regular pricing: $1800, or three monthly payments of $600
We encourage you to inquire about professional development funds your employer may offer to support your participation in this program.
Scholarship support: in alignment with our value of Equity & Access, we will be also offering one partial scholarship to this program to a participant who identifies as BIPOC. Please fill out this application prior to signing up for the program to request scholarship support.
Ready to join us?
Please join our interest list to be the first to learn when we announce dates for our next program.
Feel free to contact us with any questions. We look forward to supporting your career growth and leadership!