To learn about future cohorts of our Impact Leaders Career Collaborative, please join our group coaching interest list.
Take ownership of your impact career
Are you at an inflection point in your career?
We’ve worked with so many clients who find themselves in a space of uncertainty during their mid-career years.
For many of us, this time can feel so confusing. After working hard to get to where you are in your career, you can end up feeling stuck. Stalled. Not because you’re not performing well, but because you don’t know what you want anymore.
Do any of these sound familiar?
- You’re proud of what you’ve achieved in your career so far, but now you feel like something needs to shift – and you’re not sure what
- It feels like you’ve hit a plateau in your career, and you can’t see ahead to what your next step should be to keep growing
- You’re not making the impact you want to have, and you’re not sure how to get that drive and excitement back in your work.
- It feels like your career has been driven by chance; you’ve never felt like you’ve had a clear career path, and you’re craving more clarity about your career direction and goals
- You find yourself responding to opportunities instead of creating or seeking them out; you want to take a more proactive approach to your career, but you struggle to find the time and energy to focus on the bigger picture
If any of these statements resonate, you’re definitely not alone!
Growing your career in the social impact sector can be a frustrating and confusing process. Unlike other sectors that tend to have more linear career paths, there’s no one roadmap for doing mission-driven work.
And of course, it’s hard to find the time and space to prioritize your own career growth at this stage of your life. You’re constantly responding to the needs of your team, your organization, your family, and the state of the world. How are you supposed to carve out time to focus on your own career development?
We’re here to help!
We’ve developed the Impact Leaders Career Collaborative to provide you with the dedicated space, supportive community, and targeted coaching that you need to grow in your impact career.
What it is
This is a curated group coaching program for mission-driven leaders who want to achieve greater fulfillment and impact in their careers.
If you’re a mid-career professional who’s feeling stuck, eager to chart a path forward, or seeking a more holistic and intentional approach to your career growth, this program is for you!
Through our work together you’ll map out a plan for your career growth and your continued development as a leader.
You’ll come away with a clearer understanding of who you are and what’s right for you, and you’ll be ready to take greater ownership of your career and to find more meaning and satisfaction in your work.
What we’ll do
The core of this program is the small group meetings you’ll have every other week with your peers and a Careers for Social Impact coach.
During our meetings we’ll discuss key career development concepts and the questions that are coming up for you, and you’ll develop new insights about your career, set clear goals, and get accountability to take action.
We’ll keep the conversation going between our meetings in our private Slack discussion space, and you’ll get targeted support around your specific questions and goals during a dedicated 1:1 coaching session.
Topics we’ll discuss include:
- What’s most important to you right now in work and life – and how to align your career to your personal and professional goals
- How to design a career path and plan that aligns to your unique strengths and approach, so that you can make your biggest impact and feel more fulfilled at work
- How to take greater ownership of your career, so that you can chart your own course and plan intentionally toward a future that is right for you
And many others! This cohort will be intentionally designed around your needs and there will be plenty of time for discussion and coaching on the topics that are top of mind for you related to your career and leadership growth.
Who it’s for
This program isn’t for everyone. It may be a great fit for you if:
- You’re a mid-career leader, with at least 15 years of work experience
- You’re already working in a mission-driven role or seeking to have a bigger social impact in your work, whether in the private, public, or nonprofit sectors
- You’re committed taking ownership of your career development and you know that no one else has the answers to what’s right for you (and you’re excited to dive in and get more clarity with us!)
- You’re able to attend our group calls and spend 1-2 hours per week completing exercises that will further your learning and supplement our group discussions
- You’re excited to do this work with a community of like-minded peers, to be honest and vulnerable about your wins and challenges, and to give and receive support in a group setting
Who it’s not for
This program probably isn’t the right fit for you if:
- You have less than 15 or more than 30 years of work experience; while we can be a bit flexible on years of experience, we want to ensure that members of this group are at a similar career stage
- You want targeted support for your job search; while you may be considering a career move, this program is not focused on the tactics and strategy of searching for a new role; if that’s your focus, please check out our Job Search Bootcamp program
- You’re looking for highly customized and individualized coaching support; if this is the case, please consider one of our Individual Coaching Programs
- You’re not able to attend the majority of our group coaching calls; we want you to get the most from this experience, so if you will need to miss more than one call we encourage you to join us for a future round
- You’re not interested in doing mission-driven work (regardless of sector)
- You’re not open to changing your approach or getting feedback from coaches and peers
Ready to join us?
Please join our interest list and we will notify you when applications open for our next round of the program.
What you’ll leave with
If you commit to fully participating in our sessions and and completing the exercises we share with you, by the end of the program you will:
- Develop a clearer understanding of who you are today and how that ties to your career path: from what energizes and drives you, to what environments you thrive in, to the skills you want to learn and develop next
- Create a list of your most important priorities and how you want to incorporate them into your career (things like flexibility, growth opportunities, salary and benefits, and many more)
- Map out a vision for your career that you’re excited to pursue, and a plan to make it real
We’ll achieve this through:
- Five 90-minute group coaching calls to explore key ideas, learn from each other, and set clear goals
- Proprietary exercises and tools that will help you expand your understanding of yourself and what you want from your career
- A 45-minute 1:1 coaching session to get targeted support for your specific goals
- A private Slack discussion space where we’ll continue the conversation from our group meetings, share updates and questions, and support each others’ progress
- Accountability and support from a community of social impact peers who will give you new insights and cheer you on as you pursue your goals
- Inclusion in our growing network of social impact professionals and exclusive access to news, job postings, and other content we share only with our clients
When it happens
Please join our interest list to receive details about our next cohort when they are announced.
What it costs
Your investment in the program includes nine weeks of group coaching support; five 90-minute group meetings; a 45-minute 1:1 coaching session; access to our proprietary career exercises and private online discussion space; and inclusion in our growing network of social impact professionals.
The program cost is $1200 up front, or three monthly payments of $400.
We encourage you to inquire about professional development funds your employer may offer to support your participation in this program.
In alignment with our value of Equity & Access, we will be also offering one partial scholarship to this program to a participant who identifies as BIPOC. Please indicate in the program application if you would like to request scholarship support.
Feel free to contact us with any questions. We look forward to supporting your career growth and leadership!