Imagine the impact you could you make if you took an intentional approach to your career
**UPDATE** Missed the first session of the retreat and want to join us for the second half? We’re offering a very limited number of tickets to join us for Part 2 on January 11th. When you sign up, we’ll send you the recording of Part 1 along with several exercises you can use ahead of time to reflect and prepare.
We’d love to see you in January and help you kick of the year with more career clarity!
As we wrap up 2021, we are experiencing unprecedented movement in the job market and shifting attitudes toward work.
This year we’ve navigated continued uncertainty, toggled between hope and disappointment, and started to return to some normalcy, while knowing that things will never be exactly the same.
We continue to hear from many people that this time is causing them to re-evaluate their priorities and seek clarity on what they want next in their careers.
We’re excited to meet this need by offering our second annual Career Clarity Retreat.
During this two part event, you’ll reflect on the year that’s ending and draw insights to inform your career next steps. And you’ll look ahead and map out a plan to start the new year strong, whether you’re ready to land a new job or just starting down the path of exploring what’s next.
You’ll leave feeling more empowered to make the choices that are right for you in your career, so that you can make the impact you want to have.
Why this event
At Careers for Social Impact, we’re focused on helping mission-driven professionals find meaningful work that is a match for them, so that they can make a positive impact in the world.
We begin all of our coaching programs by helping our clients build a strong foundation, helping them get clearer on what they are best at and what their most important priorities are so that they can proactively seek out opportunities that will be a good fit.
Taking the time to reflect and get more clarity is what empowers our clients to pursue work that is fulfilling and meaningful to them. And this is especially critical during times of heightened change and uncertainty.
Joining this event is a great way to prepare for our next group program starting in January 2022, and will help you lay the groundwork for a job search in the new year.
During this event, you’ll get space, accountability, and structure to block out the extra noise that’s been surrounding you. You’ll have a chance to focus on what matters to you, and get more clarity on the impact you are best positioned to make. Then you’ll create a roadmap you can act on in the year ahead to make those goals a reality.
As an attendee, you’ll receive:
- A three hour virtual retreat (two 90-minute sessions, one in December and one in January) combining coach-facilitated sessions, breakout discussions, and time for reflection
- Guidance and support from our coaching team, and new connections with a group of like-minded professionals
- Asynchronous activities, including exercises you can complete on your own time, to help you keep reflecting and making progress over the holiday break
- A special workbook with our top tools to help you reflect and get clearer on your strengths, values, and priorities and map out your plan for the year ahead
- Priority access to our group and 1:1 coaching programs, if you decide you’d like more support with your career transition
Who it’s for
This retreat is for mid-career professionals who are already doing, or want to do, work that has a positive social impact in any sector.
This event could be a great fit for you if you:
- Left your job (yes, in the middle of a pandemic) because you knew it wasn’t right for you – and now you’re focused on finding out what is
- Have been job searching for a while and feeling “meh” about the roles you’re seeing, or realizing that you aren’t clear on what you actually want in your next role
- Are planning on launching a job search in the new year but feeling unclear on what you want to do or how to get started
- Have ended up on a career path you never planned on and want to think more intentionally about how to shift to doing work that is more meaningful and aligned with your values
- Know that you want to make a change, but aren’t sure what that is or how to figure it out
What you’ll leave with
- A clearer sense of key themes and insights from the past year and how those can inform your career choices moving forward
- More clarity on your values, priorities, and strengths – the foundational elements that fuel successful career transitions
- An outline of your career action plan for the new year, including high level goals and milestones you’ll be committing to
- A group of like-minded peers you can rely on for support as you go out and do the work to make changes in your career
What we’re not covering
This retreat is not focused on the tactical elements of the job search process, like working on your resume or preparing for interviews. We have lots of great content on those steps, and we’ll share more about opportunities for you to work with us on those things after this if you’d like to.
At this event, we’ll be focused on the foundational elements that will set you up for a successful career transition, whenever you decide to take that step.
When it happens
The retreat will happen over two 90-minute virtual sessions. Our first session in December will be focused on reflecting on the year that’s ending and identifying key insights and themes from the year. The second session in January will focus on turning those insights into tangible action steps for your career.
In between, we’ll share a number of brief activities you can complete on your own schedule to gain continued clarity and keep your momentum going. Both sessions will be recorded, although we encourage you to attend as much of the event live as you can to take advantage of small group discussions.
Retreat Dates and Times:
- Session 1: Tuesday, December 7th, 12-1:30 Eastern
- Session 2: Tuesday, January 11th, 12-1:30 Eastern
What it costs
We are offering this event at less than the cost of a single private coaching session! If you have access to professional development funds through your employer, this could be a great way to use them. It could also be a creative holiday gift to request or give to others.
- Early pricing (through 11/26): $147
- Regular pricing: $197
Special pricing is available for our current and past clients; please contact us for details.